The 2019 Tecla Awards Finalists have been announced! Scroll down to see who is in the running for a Tecla Award this year in each of their categories. Good luck to all the nominees!
Named after the Spanish-language word for an individual key on a keyboard, the 5th Annual Tecla Awards honor excellence in U.S. Latino online video, blogging, media, marketing – and those who create it.
The Tecla Awards program is a celebration of our community’s top influencer talent. The process begins with a nominating period where the public nominates their favorite creators and influencers developing original programming native to YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, live broadcasting, blogging and virtually all types of social media platforms. There is even an award that recognizes influencers fostering social ‘good’ through their ongoing content — all nominated by their peers and online audience.
The winners are selected via voting by the Hispanicize National Advisory Board.
This year’s Tecla Awards are held annually at Hispanicize, the largest U.S. Hispanic social media, marketing, media and entertainment industries event in the nation.
2019 TECLA AWARD FINALISTS
Best Fictional Character Content Creator
• The Chonga Girls (@thechongagirls)
• Frankie Quinones – Cholo Fit Creeper (@cholofitcreeper)
• SkittLeZ – Cessa La Princessa (@therealskittlez)
• Jonathan Chavez (@paqjonathan)
Best Podcast Content Creator
• Spilling The Frijoles (@mexicangueys)
• Shit I’m 30 Podcast (@shitim30podcast, @carlawilmaris)
• Girls Gone Boss (@girlsgoneboss)
• Gamertag Radio (@godfree, @gamertagradio)
Best Social Good Content Creator
• Latinx Therapy – mental health (@latinxtherapy)
• Juan Acosta – queer advocacy (@juanacosta__)
• Latinas Poderosas – women (@latinaspoderosas)
• Andrea Lausell – disabilities (@andrealausell)
Creator of the Year (Presented by Facebook Watch)
• Jenny Lorenzo aka Cuban Abuela (@jennizzle)
• Kelvin Pena aka Brother Nature (@kelv)
• Jesus Garcia aka Mr. Chuy (@mexicansproblemas)
• Leli Hernandez (@whleli)