Named after the Spanish-language word for an individual key on a keyboard, the 5th Annual Tecla Awards honor excellence in U.S. Latino online video, blogging, media, marketing – and those who create it.
The Tecla Awards program is a celebration of our community’s top influencer talent. The process begins with a nominating period where the public nominates their favorite creators and influencers developing original programming native to YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, live broadcasting, blogging and virtually all types of social media platforms. There is even an award that recognizes influencers fostering social ‘good’ through their ongoing content — all nominated by their peers and online audience.
The winners are selected via voting by the Hispanicize National Advisory Board. The Creator of the Year award is the only category that the public votes for.
This year’s Tecla Awards are held annually at Hispanicize, the largest U.S. Hispanic social media, marketing, media and entertainment industries event in the nation.
Register on our homepage to be the first to know when nominations for Hispanicize 2019 go live.
2018 TECLA AWARD FINALISTS & WINNERS
Best Fictional Character
• Eddie Garcia as Tiburcio (@ShowDeTiburcio)
• WINNER: Jenny Lorenzo as Cuban Abuela (@Jennizzle)
• Joana Guzman as Comadre Pansha (@LaComadrePansha)
• Johnny Sibilly as JuJu/Megan/Ina (@JohnnySibilly)
Best Comedy Content Creator
• Jesus Garcia aka Mr. Chuy (@MexicansProblemas)
• Erika De La Vega (@ErikaDLVOficial)
• WINNER: Jay Mendoza (@JayMendoza)
• María José Ovalle aka La Chilena Gringa (@MaJoseOvalle)
Best Finance/Couponing Content Creator
• WINNER: Alexandra Ramirez (@FinanciallyFitLatina)
• Natalie Torres-Haddad (@FinanciallySavvyLatina)
• Brittney Castro aka Financially Wise Women (@BrittneyCastro)
• Edith Tapia (@CuponeandoPRNet)
Best Podcast Content Creator
• Nathalie Farfan & Cindy Rodriguez “Morado Lens” (@MoradoLens)
• WINNER: Juan Bago & Rachel La Loca “Latinos Out Loud” (@WeAreLatinosOutLoud)
• Nancy Ruffin “The EmpowHERment Hour” (@iamNancyRuffin)
• Sarah Vega “Dique! Podcast” (@_SarahVega_)
Best Content Creator for a Digital Network
• Carlos Ayala from MiTu’s Cholos Try (@ActorCarlosAyala)
• Gadiel Del Orbe from BuzzFeed’s Pero Like (@GadielDelOrbe)
• WINNER: Laura Di Lorenzo from MiTu & Chonga Girls (@LauraDi.Lorenzo)
• Kat Lazo from MiTu & The Kat Call (@ItsKatLazo)
Best Digital Media Journalist
• Antonio Arellano – ABC13-Houston (@AntonioArellano_)
• Jessica Roiz – VIX (@La_Roiz)
• Rosy Cordero – Freelance (@SocialRosy)
• WINNER: Sandra Lilley – NBC Latino (@SandraLilley)
Breakout Creator of the Year
• Julian Valentino aka “La Chona” (@JValentino_)
• WINNER: Julissa Calderon from BuzzFeed’s Pero Like (@LaJulissa)
• Rachel Matos from Perrenial Chic (@RachelDMatos)
• Yvette Montoya (@YvetteActually)