Named after the Spanish-language word for an individual key on a keyboard, the 4th Annual Tecla Awards honor excellence in U.S. Latino online video, blogging, media, marketing and those who create it.
The Tecla Awards program is a celebration of our community’s top influencer talent. The process begins with a nominations period where the public nominates their favorite creators and influencers developing original programming native to YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, live broadcasting, blogging and virtually all types of social media platforms. There is even an award that recognizes influencers fostering social ‘good’ through their ongoing content- all nominated by their peers and online audience.
The winners are selected via voting by the Hispanicize National Advisory Board. The Creator of the Year award is the only category that the public votes for.
This year’s Tecla Awards was held on Thursday, April 19, 2018 at Hispanicize 2018 Week in Miami, Florida and are held annually at Hispanicize, the largest U.S. Hispanic social media, marketing, media and entertainment industries event in the nation.
The awards are a co-production of the Hispanicize event and the DiMe Media network.
Nominations for Hispanicize 2018’s Fourth Annual Tecla Awards are now closed.
Creator of the Year
Presented by Universal Orlando Resort, the Creator of the Year Award recognizes content creators for their outstanding work. The winner for this category will be selected by the public. The other category winners will be selected via voting by the Hispanicize National Advisory Board.
Voting for the Tecla Awards Creator of the Year ended Friday, April 7th.
With over OVER 100K votes, Marko Musica took home the Creator of The Year award. Congrats Marko!
2018 Tecla Award Finalists & Winners
Best Fictional Character
• Eddie Garcia as Tiburcio (@ShowDeTiburcio)
• WINNER: Jenny Lorenzo as Cuban Abuela (@Jennizzle)
• Joana Guzman as Comadre Pansha (@LaComadrePansha)
• Johnny Sibilly as JuJu/Megan/Ina (@JohnnySibilly)
Best Comedy Content Creator
• Jesus Garcia aka Mr. Chuy (@MexicansProblemas)
• Erika De La Vega (@ErikaDLVOficial)
• WINNER: Jay Mendoza (@JayMendoza)
• María José Ovalle aka La Chilena Gringa (@MaJoseOvalle)
Best Finance/Couponing Content Creator
• WINNER: Alexandra Ramirez (@FinanciallyFitLatina)
• Natalie Torres-Haddad (@FinanciallySavvyLatina)
• Brittney Castro aka Financially Wise Women (@BrittneyCastro)
• Edith Tapia (@CuponeandoPRNet)
Best Podcast Content Creator
• Nathalie Farfan & Cindy Rodriguez “Morado Lens” (@MoradoLens)
• WINNER: Juan Bago & Rachel La Loca “Latinos Out Loud” (@WeAreLatinosOutLoud)
• Nancy Ruffin “The EmpowHERment Hour” (@iamNancyRuffin)
• Sarah Vega “Dique! Podcast” (@_SarahVega_)
Best Content Creator for a Digital Network
• Carlos Ayala from MiTu’s Cholos Try (@ActorCarlosAyala)
• Gadiel Del Orbe from BuzzFeed’s Pero Like (@GadielDelOrbe)
• WINNER: Laura Di Lorenzo from MiTu & Chonga Girls (@LauraDi.Lorenzo)
• Kat Lazo from MiTu & The Kat Call (@ItsKatLazo)
Best Digital Media Journalist
• Antonio Arellano – ABC13-Houston (@AntonioArellano_)
• Jessica Roiz – VIX (@La_Roiz)
• Rosy Cordero – Freelance (@SocialRosy)
• WINNER: Sandra Lilley – NBC Latino (@SandraLilley)
Best Celebrity/Artist Creating Social Content
• WINNER: Jackie Cruz – Orange Is The New Black (@JackieCruz)
• Jean Rodriguez (@JeanMusica)
• Jaci Velasquez (@JaciVelasquez)
• Leslie Grace (@LeslieGrace)
Breakout Creator of the Year
• Julian Valentino aka “La Chona” (@JValentino_)
• WINNER: Julissa Calderon from BuzzFeed’s Pero Like (@LaJulissa)
• Rachel Matos from Perrenial Chic (@RachelDMatos)
• Yvette Montoya (@YvetteActually)
If you are a finalist, download your own personalized Tecla Award Nominees template file HERE.