Hispanicize 2018 Event Announces Finalists for the 4th Annual Tecla Awards
Hispanicize 2018 Event announced the finalists of the 4th Annual Hispanicize Tecla Awards, the most prestigious national honor highlighting the achievements of top Latinx and multicultural content creators.
The 2018 Tecla Awards nominees were revealed via a LIVE broadcast directly from Facebook Los Angele’s Playa Vista campus, that featured this year’s host of the Tecla awards, Jenny Lorenzo aka “La Abuela”, and some of her favorite creator friends.
For the full list of 2018 Hispanicize Tecla Award Finalists click HERE or scroll below.
The actual winners of the 4th Annual Tecla Awards will be determined by The Hispanicize Tecla Awards Gold Academy, a panel of judges consisting of marketing, PR and social media executives, creators, and other experts in the digital media industry. Winners will be revealed the night of April 19th, 2018 during the Hispanicize Tecla Awards ceremony, which is taking place at the JW Marriott Marquis Miami and marks the closing event for Hispanicize 2018. To attend the ceremony, you must purchase tickets to the Hispanicize Event conference at www.HispanicizeEvent.com
“The Hispanicize Tecla Awards recognize that dedication to delivering quality content in culturally relevant ways by some of the most creative minds in the entire social media industry. It is our honor to highlight the hard work of these trailblazing creators,” said Katherine Johnson-Gunn, Co-Founder of Hispanicize Media Group.
This year the Teclas received more than 2,100 nominations, nearly four times more than the inaugural 2015 competition, and represents a fantastic line-up of talented Latinx and multicultural content creators.
The award show will once again feature musical performances, celebrity presenters and some comedic surprises that you won’t want to miss. Purchase tickets at www.HispanicizeEvent.com
If you are a finalist, Download your own personalized Tecla Award Finalists template file HERE.
The 2018 TECLA AWARDS FINALISTS
Best Fictional Character
• Eddie Garcia as Tiburcio (@ShowDeTiburcio)
• Jenny Lorenzo as Cuban Abuela (@Jennizzle)
• Joana Guzman as Comadre Pansha (@LaComadrePansha)
• Johnny Sibilly as JuJu/Megan/Ina (@JohnnySibilly)
Best Comedy Content Creator
• Jesus Garcia aka Mr. Chuy (@MexicansProblemas)
• Erika De La Vega (@ErikaDLVOficial)
• Jay Mendoza (@JayMendoza)
• María José Ovalle aka La Chilena Gringa (@MaJoseOvalle)
Best Finance/Couponing Content Creator
• Alexandra Ramirez (@FinanciallyFitLatina)
• Natalie Torres-Haddad (@FinanciallySavvyLatina)
• Brittney Castro aka Financially Wise Women (@BrittneyCastro)
• Edith Tapia (@CuponeandoPRNet)
Best Podcast Content Creator
• Nathalie Farfan & Cindy Rodriguez “Morado Lens” (@MoradoLens)
• Juan Bago & Rachel La Loca “Latinos Out Loud” (@WeAreLatinosOutLoud)
• Nancy Ruffin “The EmpowHERment Hour” (@iamNancyRuffin)
• Sarah Vega “Dique! Podcast” (@_SarahVega_)
Best Content Creator for a Digital Network
• Carlos Ayala from MiTu’s Cholos Try (@ActorCarlosAyala)
• Gadiel Del Orbe from BuzzFeed’s Pero Like (@GadielDelOrbe)
• Laura Di Lorenzo from MiTu & Chonga Girls (@LauraDi.Lorenzo)
• Kat Lazo from MiTu & The Kat Call (@ItsKatLazo)
Best Digital Media Journalist
• Antonio Arellano – ABC13-Houston (@AntonioArellano_)
• Jessica Roiz – VIX (@La_Roiz)
• Rosy Cordero – Freelance (@SocialRosy)
• Sandra Lilley – NBC Latino (@SandraLilley)
Breakout Creator of the Year
• Julian Valentino aka “La Chona” (@JValentino_)
• Julissa Calderon from BuzzFeed’s Pero Like (@LaJulissa)
• Rachel Matos from Perrenial Chic (@RachelDMatos)
• Yvette Montoya (@YvetteActually)
The flagship sponsor of Hispanicize 2018 is Prudential Financial. Additional sponsors include Toyota, Universal Orlando Resort, HP, Microsoft, Facebook, Amazon, Carnival Corporation, Wells Fargo, Walmart, United Airlines, República, Edelman, Publicis Groupe, Regions Bank, Cantu, the Greater Miami and Conventions Visitors Bureau, El Hint, Visit Philly, Israel Tourism, Telemundo, Microsoft, AARP, Suave, the Latino Museum, HCode Media, Cesare Salerno, Ford Fund, Gil Media Co, Boden, Havas Formulatin, NASCAR, SBS/La Music, Vioss, Otter Box, Anomaly, the City of Miami, Octopus Advertising Group, NBC News, CS Media Group, Calvert Foundation, Vioss, Hispanicize Wire, and Sensis.
Sponsorship information for the career fair and Hispanicize 2018 can be obtained by emailing [email protected] (See the Hispanicize 2017 recap video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwvOwG5KVO4&t=25s).
About The Tecla Awards
Named after the Spanish-language word for an individual key on a keyboard, the annual Hispanicize Tecla Awards honors excellence in U.S. Latino online video, blogging, social media and those who create it. The 2017 Tecla Awards will once again highlight the nation’s top Latino and multicultural content creators in more than 20 categories. From top storytellers on Instagram to YouTube and Snapchat, the Teclas’ nominees set the bar higher each year for the exploding Latino and multicultural social media creators industry.
All nominations submitted during the public nominations phase were considered and reviewed by Hispanicize Media Group partners and the Hispanicize National Advisory Board who together determined the finalists for each category. The actual winners of the 3rd Annual Hispanicize Tecla Awards will be determined by The Teclas Gold Academy, a panel of judges consisting of marketing, PR and social media executives, creators, and other experts in the digital media industry. Winners will be revealed the night of April 6th, 2017 during the Tecla Awards ceremony, which will be streamed live from Miami for viewers worldwide.
About The Hispanicize Event
Now in its 9th year, Hispanicize 2018 Week (www.HispanicizeEvent.com) (#Hispz18) is the iconic, largest annual event for Latino trendsetters and newsmakers in digital content creation, journalism, marketing, entertainment and tech entrepreneurship.
Hispanicize 2018 is expected to draw more than 2,500 of the nation’s most influential Latino professionals from the industries of digital content creation, journalism, music, marketing, film and business over four days. The event will take place in downtown Miami’s JW Marriott Marquis hotel, April 17-19, 2018.
The Hispanicize event is a launch pad for creative endeavors, new products, technologies, marketing campaigns, films, books and more targeting Latinos in the U.S. and/or Puerto Rico.
The Hispanicize event is owned and operated by Hispanicize Media Group, LLC, the parent company of DiMe Media, Hispanic Kitchen, Latina Moms, and the Hispanic PR Blog.
Categorised in: Press Releases